Saturday 24 May 2008

A Year

Wow. A whole freaking year. 12 months. 365 days. 8760 hours. 525600 minutes. 31536000 seconds.

Thats a long time, especially in SL... and especially for being partnered to someone in SL. It was Nicho and mine's anniversary yesterday - we've been partnered a year to the day and we had great fun last night, dancing at Avilion Castle - one of the very first places we ever went for a date. We have this kinda love for revisiting places that hold warm memories for us - like Apollo and the BlueBoy Club.. we were totally gutted that the Sublime restaraunt went out of business a while ago and the replacement was a pile of crap.

We had planned to try and reserve part of the Apollo sim for a few hours last night, but there was no reply to the notecard I sent the sim manager weeks ago. Still, it didn't hurt our night too much, cos Avilion castle is still around, and wasn't too busy or laggy either and I gotta say that my boy looked incredibly beautiful in his massive pink gown - its technically a wedding dress, but it looks good on any occaision - and he managed to convince me to put on a matching pink silk shirt, cream waistcoat and pants from Armidi.. and.. well.. I kinda liked wearing the pink for once, it looked alright :D

The thing about partnerships in SL is that they are so easy to create. Just a couple of clicks of a button, and their name is in the little box in your profile. Its the same for ending a partnership. I guess that lowers the value of being partners in SL somewhat, if you know what I mean..

However, just having that name in the box does not constitute a partnership.. that person is not your partner because your profile tells you so. They're your partner cos you love them, care for them, and wanna be with them, for as long as you possibly can - and thats alot harder to build up than clicking a button - and much harder to destroy too. All the partnership box does is let the rest of the world know this.

I don't know what the future holds for us.. like Nicho said to me last night, we aren't even half way down the list of things we can do and experience together. I agreed and said that I hope we always have more to look forward to together than to look back on. I can say there are several things the future sure does have in store for us... Our baby son Lior, of course.. he must be what.. 5 months along by now.. I think. Other stuff too that I can't think of at the moment lol but I'll let you know as it happens. Maybe :P

Esmie xXx

8 comments:

Osayo said...

Congrats on your one year:)

Esmiel said...

Holy crap someone still reads this thing lol

Thanks Os :D

Anonymous said...

late congrats from me too!!! I may have to look you up in world, it has been ages since I've seen you.

Esmiel said...

Thanks Syd.. yeah I know its been a while - stuff has been hectic in RL recently what with important exams n things coming up. I figured its best to steer well clear of SL during my studying - we all know how one hour can turn into an afternoon when you're in-world. Hope to see ya soon :)

Kaj said...

OMG Congrats on your one year! I haven't seen you in forever too but yeah I understand having to focus on RL. Hope to run into you soon!

Esmiel said...

Thanks Kaj :D Yeah its been ages but fear not... I'll see ya soon :P

Jordyn Carnell said...

just found you! (thanks eddi) Looks like its gonna b an interesting read!

Congrats on a year inworld (and on rezzing a rl) hope to c ya around..

SAIRUS Aeon said...

Congrats on your one year =^.^=