Wednesday 21 February 2007

Well... I hope you find this as interesting as I do

This is my first post, hopefully the first of many. Second Life is down at the moment (again!) and thought I might as well make this blog as a journal for my avatar in SL.

If you don't know much about me, here is a little introduction.

Firstly... my name. 'Esmiel' is a name I made up in my head. People say it sounds biblical or whatever and some of the more impressive names from the Holy book may have influenced me, but the name Esmiel, as far as I know, hasn't been used as a firstname before. People in SL call me Es or Esmie. I'm not going to print my real name here because that's against my rules... Oh yeah. The Rules!

Esmiel's personal rules:
1. Never Tell People In Second Life My Real Name
Just because I would prefer it if they didn't know. It would stop people thinking of me as Esmiel, which I really don't want
2. Never Meet With People From Second Life In Real Life
Just common sense really
3. Never Be A Dick If I Can Help It
I want to be friendly and help anyone I can. I have issues with people in RL so in SL I try to be more open and less shy
4. Never Forget It's SECOND Life... (This one gets broken sometimes)
I know Real life comes first... but it's too easy to forget about it sometimes
5. Never Use Someone Or Take Advantage Of Them
Some people may just see this as a game for playing, but I never forget that the people behind the avatars are real and so are their emotions. If I hurt someone in SL, they will be hurting in RL too, and I don't want that

So... Hopefully I will be updating this Blog with pics from SL, details of my exploits there and any other little nuggets that I can't fit into my in-world profile.

Esmie xXx

No comments: