Wednesday 22 April 2009

Esmiel loves...

Popsicles.

I calls em "Ice Lollies", but then again, I also call potatoes "dirt apples" so what do I know.



Seriously.. get some, they are awesome. Perfect for the warmer months looming on the horizon, when you'll just be dying for something cool and moist in your mouth.

I have alot of stuff by that creator - she makes some really cool things for a good price. The handcuffs are especially wicked ;]

Silversun Pickups.

My good friend Chester told me about this band's new album recently. The album is called 'Swoon'. It is very good. Very, very, very good. Exceptional. So easy to listen to and yet with just enough little quirks and hooks to get you to want to listen to it again and again. I understand if it is not your sort of thing, but I adore them. Highly recommended.

Chessums has a habit of totally turning my music collection on its head and shaking it about every now and then with a single suggestion. I think it is a good talent and probably his best feature. ;P

Other Bands Right Now:

Metro Station -
The self-titled debut album by these guys is brilliant fun. Alot more to it than just the great "Shake It" single.

Infadels - Their album "Universe in Reverse" was a recent addition to my collection. Fabulous stuff.. some very nice, interesting tunes; Track 3, "Play Blind" is probably my favourite.

Delays - Finally got hold of their latest album "Everything's the Rush". Very, very nice band, these guys. Cute, simple tunes - very easy to listen to.

Blink 182 - I just got their "Greatest Hits". All the tunes are brilliant - I dont know why I didnt get this album sooner. Everyone will love at least a couple of songs on it - stuff like "Whats my age again" and "All the small things" are real classics.

The Salmon of Doubt by Douglas Adams.

Poor Douglas (the author of one of my all-time favourite books, The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy and its sequels) died some time ago, and I was only just made aware of the existence of this book. If you too are a fan of his work, and frankly, everyone who has read anything by him must be, then I suggest you check this book out.

It is half of an unfinished story by Adams about his detective character, Dirk Gently, who I have also just found out about and must find the other books based on him. But the Salmon of Doubt also contains a large amount of little articles, letters, interviews and a lecture written by Adams, and these are all interesting, hilarious and tragic at the same time. They make you realise just how much less brilliant the world is without him.

"The Salmon of Doubt" is published by Pan and the ISBN number is 0-330-32312-1

Themed DJ Sets.

Don't forget, boys and girls... this friday is the themed Finntastic Friday. We have one theme for each DJ, starting at 2pm with my set. I chose Lord of the Rings as my theme - It took me a long time to decide, but this was the right choice, I think. It offers so much variety and possibility - you can be anything from a hobbit to a dragon, a goblin to a wizard, an ent to a ghost. Or even an elf. Or human. Or dwarf. Or nazgul. Or orc - no wait.. no orcs. I'm the orc!

The alternative option running through my mind was a School Uniform theme but that is kinda boring and ordinary. Dehrynn's theme is Superheroes/villains.. I have a lovely Rorshach from Watchmen outfit all lined up for that. Kaj, at 6pm, has a 'Fetish' theme.. and.. well.. if I manage to stay up that late.. I have plenty of outfits for it ;]

There are big prizes available so I suggest you get your asses over to the Wharf on friday =P

Esmie xXx

2 comments:

Dehrynn said...

Wow. You packed a lot into one post dude. Awesome! Thanks for passing on the band suggestions, the book suggestions, and in the end, the theme mention.
I have not decided who to dress as yet. I was thinking of going all Glorfindel, but haven't decided yet. I might just find something ... entish. But that would take a very very long time to explain to you hastey folk.

Esmiel said...

Never say anything unless its worth taking a very long time to say.