Friday 9 March 2007

The Last Day of My Teenage Years.

Tomorrow, I will be 20. To some people, that may be not such a big deal. Others might think I am lucky for being just 20. Once upon a time, all I wanted to do was grow up and be an adult. I hated being young and insignificant. Right now, I wish I could go back to being a care-free kid again, just so I could know the meaning of true irresponsibility and naivety. I am turning 20 because that is how old my creator will be. He doesn't see the point in making me a different age from him or keeping me trapped in time.

This leads me to thinking. How do the residents of SL determine how much of their RL enters their avatar? I know they can set their own limits and use as little or as much as they feel comfortable with. I embody what my creator wishes to be in RL. I keep his favourite bits from RL and add my own twist on things. I don't know why he made me his RL age rather than 16 or 26. I don't know why he gives away so much about himself on my profile. All I can say is that by using himself as a basis he gives me a lot to work with and build from and I hope I can enjoy my adulthood just as much as he will.



The pics are of me and my dear friend Hett enjoying the view from the shoulder of a scale model of Christ The Redeemer. Such a beautiful, calm place to sit and be lost in our thoughts. These were taken a couple of weeks ago.



Esmie xXx

No comments: