Tuesday 27 March 2007

Memorial

I decided to go for a stroll through Provincetown today, the area located next to Boots Gay Beach. I found a memorial there, dedicated to all those who lost their lives due to homophobia and prejudice. It's the single most moving and emotional thing I have seen in all of Second Life. I stood there for almost half an hour in silence, crying on and off as it made me comprehend the tragedy of our own selfish human feelings and the utter stupidity of our hatred. I tried to rez a small red rose to leave as a token of respect for all those the memorial was dedicated to, but the parcel wouldn't allow it.

No matter how much I cry, or how much work I do, I know I can never change human nature by myself. It will require all of us working together, and I hope one day it may be possible. But I know it won’t be in my lifetime.

Esmie xXx



No comments: