Thursday 17 January 2008

Poll.. 6?

I think its 6... anyways, I cant think of enough contestants yet for the third round of Whats Sexiest? so here is the poll Osayo suggested :)

A quick explanation:

What is your favourite style or type of game?

MMORPG: Massively Multiplayer Online Role Playing Games. Think World of Warcraft and Everquest and you're there. Some say SL is a MMORPG but thats bullshit.

FPS: First Person Shooters. We're talking Halo, Far Cry, FEAR, Timesplitters, Doom, Prey.

Puzzle: Anything from Tetris to Mah-Jong, Chess to those bubble-popping type games.

Text-based adventure: My roomie suggested putting this in here, just for anyone who loves the really old school stuff. I don't know any examples *lol*

Platformer: 2D and 3D so Mario, Sonic, Rayman, Earthworm Jim, Crash Bandicoot, all that stuff.

Racing/Driving: Simulation and arcade style - Gran Turismo and Project Gotham are examples of the former; Burnout, Ridge Racer are the latter. This option includes stuff like Wipeout and Kart games like Mariokart.

Arcade: By this I mean stuff like Pac-Man, or alternatively stuff like penny-drop machines and those things with the claws where you have to pick up a prize, like in an actual arcade... or pretty much any little Java/Flash game you'll find on one of those imsoboredicouldkillmyselfandeveryoneinthisbuildingsopleasegivemesomeshittodo.com websites.

non-MMO RPGs. Offline RPG games like Oblivion, Final Fantasy (most of them), you know the kinda thing.

3rd Person Action/Adventure: Where your camera points at your ass all the time, like Tomb Raider, Gears of War, Assassin's Creed etc.

I don't play anything except SL: Speaks for itself, and I am dangerously close to selecting this one.

Fighting/Beat 'em Ups: Street Fighter, Soul Calibur, Tekken, Super Smash Bros. etc. also Wrestling games.

Strategy: Real time, like Age of Empires and Command & Conquer or Turn based like that really awesome one that was out for the Game Boy whatever it was. Advance Wars or something. Also could include Tiny Empires :)

Well there are your options. It'll be interesting to see the results, and I wouldnt have thought of this one unless it was suggested, so thanks Os!

Esmie xXx

4 comments:

Unknown said...

to bad there isnt an option which says multiple style/type

I for example love strategy, atm im bit into command & conquer Generals.
Platform games like mario and sonic are cool but i dont have a gameconsole so no Mario or Sonic for me :(

but im also into racing now with Need For Speed: Carbon.
and finally i love puzzles and games where you have to think or just do what you feel is correct.. like Deal or No Deal

btw i saw in the list many very popular (much sold) games but not NFS series or even GTA :O that says enuf bout how much you play games eshie ;)

Esmiel said...

I did think omg I didnt put GTA in there after finishing and publishing the post but then I couldnt be bothered putting it in. I'd say the GTA series comes under the 3rd person Action/Adventure.

And yeah, I used to be a massive gamer, spending all day on my Playstation. But since SL came along... I only spend the odd couple of hours playing games at moments when I need to relieve some stress :)

You can play the Sonic, Mario games etc on an emulator on your pc, they are free to download, or alternatively, some full versions have been made into browser-based web games (I found the original Sonic in its entirety somewhere online).

Osayo said...

I have downloaded emulators for the Apple IIe, NES and Sega Genesis so I could play some of the games I liked as a kid.

One of my all time favorites was Road Rash on the genesis. The original sonic was great, I thought the levels were beautiful at the time. Oregon Trail and Karateka on the Apple IIe were two of the first games I remember playing as a kid. I remember being pissed off that I could not shoot the dog in Duck Hunt on the NES, I am sure we all remember that feeling:)

Recently I have started getting into sudoku. I have always liked card games like black jack and cribbage.

I could ramble on forever, it is amazing how much games are a part of our lives. I will wait until the close of the poll to talk about my choice and current gaming habits:)

Esmiel said...

I got a Sega Mega Drive when I was about 7 and I still have it today, somewhere. Sonic was always better than Mario for me, purely because he was my first and greatest gaming love, thanks to that Mega Drive.

I've never heard of the Apple IIe, but I definitely remember going over my friend's house and playing Duck Hunt!