Tuesday 29 January 2008

Quality Control

I've been sitting here for about ten minutes now, watching the 'Logging in. Second Life may appear frozen. Please Wait' screen while I wait to log in. Its definitely not frozen .. and omg right then it just said something unexpected has gone wrong. *Tries again*

The client I am using at the moment is an fairly old version of the standard one and it seems to run a shitload better than some of the new ones. I have been mightily pissed off recently at the quality of the new clients LL have been crapping out, especially the most recent Windlight one. If you hadn't noticed the bug that allows you to see invisible-scripted objects - such as hidden poseballs, particle emitters and genitals - then I guess you must be a Linden :) I want to know HOW THE FUCK THEY DIDNT SPOT THIS?! Talk about quality control.. sheesh! What a load of bullshit. The little poll they had on the login screen 'Is your SL experience getting better or worse?', I wonder how many people said Better. Interesting how they haven't published any results from that yet, eh?

I'm still waiting for SL to log me in. I think this is the fourth time. This hasnt happened in a while and I guess it must be partly due to the server upgrades going on or something, but there are more than 40,000 people online, why can't I join them?!

So, I have made the next poll about the quality of our second lives and whether we generally agree that things have got a whole lot worse recently. I dont think it takes much explanation.
Hopefully I'll see you inworld sometime soon ;)

Well I was gonna make a poll.. but I get a 404 Error every time I try and create one so I dunno whats goin on... Maybe its my connection being a complete bitch again >_<

Esmie xXx

1 comment:

Kaj said...

Yeah that "bug" is really annoying. I was talking to Roach about it, he thought he had gained some kind of super power! hahaha I have no idea how they "missed" it either. Maybe they're all just a bunch of pervs! *grins*