Tuesday 8 January 2008

Results

Ok, well Nicholai took the stuff back.. he wasn't feeling very well all weekend so took it all back until he feels well enough to price it all up and stuff. Fair enough :) A note or IM explaining this would have been nice but it's all good now.

I got my results from my end of term exams last year... ummm not so good, really. Definitely the worst I have ever done, at anything, pretty much. I barely passed Dynamics & Spectroscopy, Electronics and Electromagnetism, but I did pass - thats what counts. I did not pass Maths, which sucks, meaning that now I have to go and re-take it in the summer sometime. However, pretty much everyone in the class did total crap on it.. the highest mark from the class was 68%, in years before it has been at least 80%. I got 22%, well below the 30% or so needed to pass, and some of my friends got less than that, so at least I am not the only one doing the retakes :)

However, now my overall qualification marks have dropped to 39%, and I need over 50 to be able to qualify for the honours degree at the end of this year.. otherwise I will end up with just an 'ordinary' degree that isn't worth the paper its written on. Or so I am told. So, this is the year I actually put some real effort in then, and prove to myself as well as my tutors and friends that I can actually do this thing! *lol* We'll see :)

Results of Poll 5!

1st: Taste - 3 votes - 33%
=2nd: Hearing - 2 - 22%
=2nd: Smell - 2 - 22%
=4th: Legs - 1 - 11%
=4th: Genitals - 1 - 11%
=6th: Sight, Touch, Arms, Emotions - 0 - 0%

Hmmm so yeah there ya go. In order to escape the room and the clutches of this rather sadistic demon, most of us would give up our sense of taste, including me. Why? Cos most food I try, I dont actually like the taste of... and the reason I eat so much junk is because it tastes good. Sooo.. by removing my sense of taste, its almost a favour to me, cos I will be able to eat more foods - including those icky, yucky vegetables - and not get cravings for sweets and naughty things like that, keeping me healthy :)

Whoever voted for genitals must come forward and please explain why, cos I am literally dying to know, as, I am sure, a few others are also.

Hearing is an interesting one... something I sure as hell could never live without. Imagine never hearing music again, never hearing the birds singing in the morning.. or never hearing your partner whisper "I love you" ever, ever again. Bet you regret voting for that now huh :P

Smell, I could live without, I suppose. But I could not live with my parents coming to my place and saying "oh my God this place stinks" and me not knowing about it cos I couldn't smell the rotting body of a mouse/cat/dog/horse behind the couch.

The next round of 'What's Sexiest?" will commence soon, I just need to think up a few more entries... feel free to make suggestions!

Esmie xXx

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Well i believe i have chosen legs...

after all .. no taste is still having remembering of taste and of what you liked and not liked.. but you still have ur smell then.. so you can still figure out whats tasty or not.. same for sight...
so taste smell sight are linked to each other..

as i have one ear deaf and one ear wearing hearing device.. i for one can say for sure that its already difficult to listen music and struggling to follow conversations.
could have chosen without hearing but i know how it is to be less hearing.. therefore i know how far worse it would be without hearing...

genitals is part of sexuality.. and without would let you miss a part of your feelings and emotions.

touch and emotions and sight are also linked to each other and must stay..

then arms are very vital and important to me you do so much with it..
so it would be legs.. legs are replaceable with robotic or bionic legs...

Osayo said...

For me it was between taste and smell. I choose taste just because smell could save your life, e.g the building you're in is burning, the food you are about to eat has gone bad etc... Well, that was my reasoning when I voted anyway.

I like the reason Es gave better though, I would be so thin if I did not care about the taste of food:)

Kaj said...

I have to agree with Osayo, that's basically the same reason I voted for taste. Plus the sense of smell is so closely alligned with the sense of taste it would almost make up for it.

I know I couldn't live w/o hearing. I love music way too much for that and oh yeah the sounds of birds singing in the morning too, thanks Esmi for that.

I am dying to know who voted for the genitals. C'mon you need to come foward...

Anonymous said...

Wasn't me, honest :P

I think I would have gone for a limb as well if that was even a choice, as long as its not the er..middle knee.