Thursday 24 May 2007

Gabe Semyorka


Here it is, finally. The first of my posts on my nearest and dearest.

Perhaps the sweetest, most caring and romantic guy in SL, if not the entire universe, Gabe is very special to me. I met him early on in my time in SL, when I first found Boots Beach and we became close friends. He suggested I get with a friend of his, Micah Michigana. I was hesitant, but willing to try anything. After a week or so he told me he didn't actually want me to get with Micah... Gabe had fallen in love with me, his best friend at the time, and asked if I loved him. I said I did, and it was true. I loved him alot and wanted to be with him.

For a couple of weeks, it was amazing. Gabe found us a house and we spent all the time we could in each other's arms, kissing and being together. However, I was still new to SL. I hadn't worked out the consequences an SL relationship has on an RL one. I couldn't contain my love for Gabe, and, worried it would hurt my RL partner, I decided to end it with Gabe. It tore my heart into pieces, it hurt so much, but I felt I had to do it before I got too into my love in SL and my RL lost out. I did it to protect me, my RL partner and Gabe, because the longer I left it, the closer we got and the harder it would be for him when I let him go.

However much it hurt me to do it, I can't even imagine how Gabe must have felt when I told him. I was so worried about what I had done, if he would ever be alright again. Luckily, some people were there to help him pick up the pieces. Makara, now Gabe's adopted brother - a truly wonderful guy (even if he is straight/bi/whatever :P)... and, of course, Micah was there too. If you go on over to Gabe's blog (check out the links to the right) its kinda obvious how things turned out. I am so so happy Gabe is still my friend, after what I put him through. He has been there for me when I needed him most and I love him for it.

Esmie xXx

No comments: