Wednesday 16 May 2007

R.I.P.

Went to a memorial service recently for a man named Sterling Hawks. I barely knew him, but I am a friend of his husbands so went to show my support and love for them. Sterling was 27 years old and died of MD. His death was not a shock to those that knew he was ill, but that does not numb the pain we all feel at having lost a great man. As my friend Zach said, however, he is not really gone. His spirit is still with us and he lives in our memories. He is in a better place, wherever that may be, and he is free from his pain and suffering. He will live on in us, and his love will never be forgotten.

Sterling's coffin.

Everybody standing for the U.S. national anthem at the end of the ceremony.

Me and Zach sitting in the third row, contemplating life, love and loss.


Esmie xXx

PS: Thanks for taking the time to read this. I love all of you. (Yep, even you)

No comments: