Friday 14 December 2007

Esmiel the Merman

Well some of you may have seen me flopping about the beach recently or floating in my own aquarium - don't tap the glass please guys, it really pisses me off - but of course, the natural home for any merperson is the open sea. I've become so used to having a fish tail for legs that walking around seems almost wierd now, although I can transform from time to time if things like fashion shows and poses require it. Anyways, my original idea for a sim build with CNDG was going to be an advanced urban metropolis, that spread vertically rather than horizontally - only perhaps 30 or 40% of the sim plan area would be used, but it would stretch hundreds of feet into the air.

My plan has changed. How does an underwater city sound? Like Atlantis, but there are already a few of those dotted about and they aren't exactly immersive or authentic feeling. So how a bout a full sim of underwater buildings - some ancient ruined, flooded human dwellings as well as some newer Merpeople buildings - how exactly these will look is up for debate, but I imagine stone columns, huge temples and smaller homes made from hollowed-out balls of kelp and plants, as well as caves and shipwrecks, and all manner of wierd under sea crap.

Hmm I think it will work, and I also think it will be awesome. Who knows, maybe both my ideas will be used :)

Beached

Merman

Esmie xXx

2 comments:

Osayo said...

OMG, that sounds amazing. I would love to see a place like that. I hope it becomes a reality.

Anonymous said...

Me too! I had thought of renting a water sim for a aquatic themed party, but an undersea village would be even cooler.