Wednesday 12 December 2007

I'm writing a Story...

Yes, indeed I am. A short fantasy, basically set in a world similar to the ones found in Lord Of The Rings, Dungeons and Dragons, Warcraft, Elder Scrolls etc. But it focuses, for the first part anyways, on a boy named Aeren, with pale blue eyes and blue-black hair, and so far I have written about 2 and a half pages just about his life from the age of 9 to 11 *lol* but things are going to be sped up a bit until he is 16 - because that is how old he is when he meets the 15 year-old Rihann, with his almond-shaped deep green eyes and fine silky golden hair...

Cos its a love story!

Its a little different for me, this time I have to totally create and flesh out characters, give them a detailed history and describe their world - the village, the distant city of the Emperor, the twin suns that heat their similar-yet-oh-so-slightly-different-to-our-own planet. I have even drawn a little map to help me figure things out... and I have absolutely no idea where this story is going to take the two boys. None at all, I have a beginning in my mind and on paper, I have an idea about the middle... as for the end - who knows.

I will not be posting this story on the blog, because it is far too good and long for that. What I will do, however, is send it to you by email, if you ask for it - when it is done - or perhaps even mail you a copy of the book if it gets published =P

However, I think I might have to do a few short stories to make it book-worthy. Although this could turn out to be 20 A4-sized pages long, that isnt enough for a book, and I will possibly do some other 'gay-interest' love stories to accompany it. Don't expect anything to be finished for months tho - this is a long term ongoing project that requires long breaks when my brain starts to dry up :)

Esmie xXx

1 comment:

Unknown said...

learn from others esmie.. so.. JK Rowling better watch here back.. you are coming :P

besides the Harry story took 17 years to be written down so you have all the time to be quicker finished then JK did.

What i think is a good move is that you already made a begin a middle section and an end.. so you can work towards several prewritten chapters.

Anyway im looking forward to your book.. my email is known to you, unless you already forgot :P

bon voyage Aeren