Monday 31 December 2007

I'm back!... and Poll Results!

Woooohoooo! Damn, I missed SL! Feels so good to be home. Had a fabulous time in London, Christmas was really great, it always is with my family. On the way back up to Edinburgh, my Creative Zen V mp3 player ran out of battery with 4 hours of journey time left to go. I had read my magazines and books. So, I spent 4 hours watching the rain on the windows and listening to the straight couple sat behind me kissing noisily. I hope you all had a great time too, maybe you wanna share your experiences through comments on this post? I dunno, just a suggestion.

My email inbox was stuffed with Group Notices, IMs and Inventory Offers. When logging into SL, very few actually appeared, due to basically everything I owned having been returned to me by Nicholai in preparation for moving our house (or possibly buying a new one) to the super secret new place that has appeared in the CNDG continent... oooooooohhhh spooky. All those little green messages killed my IMs and Group Notices. IM capping is dangerous and annoying - any inventory offers from anything other than a fellow resident get lost - so gifts from SLexchange didn't make it through, or from vendors. But nevermind! I'm just glad to be back *lol*

So yeah, what did I miss? Anybody wanna fill me in? Was it anything, at all? I already know Hoaghes and Chester have been partnered - congrats to you cuties :) oh and that reminds me, if you haven't already, go check out the pics from the party on my Flickr page. There aren't many, but I only had time to put the best ones up there.

What to do with myself now? I have a week left until the new term starts at uni! Only a week?! Where the hell did my holiday go...

.. oh yeah, I spent two thirds of it so far in SL, by the end, it will be three quarters of my holiday having been spent in SL. Sad I know, but faced with the bitter Scottish weather and the awful, dreadful places that count as 'clubs, bars and pubs' around here combined with an absence of friends, its not hard to make a decision :)

As for the results of Round 2 of our Whats Sexiest Poll, you've been looking at them for a week so I probably dont need to go into too much detail *lol* But here they are, in order from least popular to most:

=7th: Mermen - 0 Votes - 0%
=7th: Nezumi - 0 Votes - 0%
=5th: Satyrs - 1 Vote - 5%
=5th: Dark Elves - 1 Vote - 5%
4th : Centaurs - 2 Votes - 11%
=2nd: Usagi - 3 Votes - 16%
=2nd: Tentacle Monsters - 3 Votes - 16%
1st: Elves - 8 Votes - 44%

Ok, no more humanoids in the next one. Frickin' Elves with their long golden hair, immortality and love of art, dance, music and poetry, archery and nature. Bastards! What about the poor mermen? I thought my merman avatar was very sexy... Seems I was the only one *lol*

I voted for Tentacle Monsters. Why? Because I think they are awesome and I wish there was more tentacle yaoi. Much, much more. The thing with tentacles is often they are depicted as well.. raping someone. Thats kinda ruined their image somewhat. But see.. I wouldn't mind being attacked by a seething mass of well-lubed, flexible and inquisitive appendages. It can be consensual too ya know :)

So, who/what did you guys vote for, and why? Centaurs is a surprise placing in the top half of the board, I'd like to hear some explanation for that one, please :)

I'll put up a new, more serious poll tomorrow, as a breather before next week's Whats Sexiest? Round 3. Gonna have to think long and hard for that one...

Esmie xXx

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Who knew you could use the word ‘more’ as a qualifier of ‘Tentacle Yaoi’??? Not me, and I voted for it!

As for elves, I agree with Esmi. Sure, they are pretty, Orlando included, but probably not much fun in the sex department, Orlando included. An elf would never sweep the toaster off the counter and have their way before breakfast like a giant octopus would.

Osayo said...

I voted for elves. But, almost voted for tentacle monster. I think they are hot for about the same reasons Es said. No, I don't want to be raped either, but the idea of giving up control and letting something like that have its way with me is kinda hot. I like feeling submissive and being the center of attention sometimes:-)