Sunday 16 December 2007

Petition To Increase the Number of Allowed Groups

From 25 to 50! Started by a bunch of DJ's, proving they are useful for something other than ruining parties with dreary music and muffled song introductions.

Read and Sign Here!

Seriously, who wouldn't want to have the choice to be allowed into more groups - I have had to delete several off my list recently because my friends are starting up business ventures or whatever or are getting involved in more and more things as their SL develops, and want to get me to be a part of it. I'm only number 112 on the petition, but I think every resident would sign it given the knowledge that it exists, so spread the word! We want more groups!

Esmie xXx

3 comments:

Osayo said...

Not having the option to be a part of more groups is one of my biggest annoyances in SL. I am signer 516, thats 404 since Es signed. This seems to have some momentum.

Does anyone know why the 25 limit anyway? There must be some reason behind it?

Esmiel said...

Well I looked at a comment that said 'it took us a year to get from 10 to 25, so good luck with this one' - Imagine only having 10! We'd all be screwed...

I guess its like the ratings system was.. they have to keep big lists of members, and obviously, the more groups people are allowed to join, the longer those member lists are going to be - group notices and group IMs already struggle to get through to everyone.

If they fix all that, imagine logging in in the morning to find 40+ group notices waiting for you.. and the constant IM sessions from each group would be a nightmare...

Maybe they limited it to 25 to save us from ourselves! But having the option of 50 will be of great benefit to all of us I think - and Linden have the ability to implement it, so why shouldn't they?

Kaj said...

I forget what number I am on the petition but I would love to have more than 25 groups. Yeah the extra notices would blow but I find myself deleting any group that spams with too many notices.