Sunday 9 December 2007

The Results of Poll Number 2

Well well well. Looks like the humans trounced the opposition. Seems like horns, tails, wings, and furry ears really aren't that popular! Who knew?!

The results, in order:

1. Humans - 13, 59%
2. Nekos - 4, 18%
=3. Angels - 2, 9%
=3. Faeries - 2, 9%
5. Demons - 1, 4%
6. Furries - 0,0%

Well I was expecting Nekos to do a little better. You know which one I voted for? Demons!
Cos I find dark, mysterious power and the idea of being corrupted and used quite sexy. Well, very sexy actually. Plus, they all have foot-long tongues - whats not to love?

Ok so there you are, I admitted that. Now, I wanna hear you guys give your reasons/excuses for your choices! Convince me that Humans are indeed the sexiest, or else I shall have to pick a mythical being as the winner out of spite for all you human-lovers!

The next poll is a bit more serious and could open us up to some serious philosophical debate. Is there a God? There are more than just Yes or No options here tho - check it out and give your honest feelings :)

Esmie xXx

6 comments:

Osayo said...

I chose human since it was my gut reaction. Then, I put some thought into why that would be, since all of the other choices (outside of furries, for me anyway) can be very sexy as well.

Each one I think exaggerates certain qualities that people might find sexy. If you like soft, gentle guys, then angels would obviously be appealing since they have those qualities. It is also a way to express aspects of your own personality and what makes you feel sexy. I also think some might do it to fit into a group and not always to feel attractive or sexy, if it is the trendy thing to do.

Now my main point, there are certain things that are almost universal in attractiveness such as symmetry, and certain secondary sexual characteristics. These are built in through evolution to ensure finding a suitable, fertile partner (like us gay guys need to worry about fertility, but the instincts are still there). Perhaps those same instincts on a sub-conscious level are seeing the alterations of the human form as unhealthy mutations? Maybe thats why people gravitate to human, and why I had the 'gut' reaction. So, it was not a conscious choice for me, but an instinct.

Jeez, I got a little serious there, but that's my explanation. Oh, and sorry if anyone was offended by the mutant comment;)

Esmiel said...

Humans are boring! They dont have wings to stroke or tails to tug ;)
But, good point well made :)

Anyone else wanna say their piece?

Anonymous said...

This was a tough one for me. Nekos are my favorites and they are the absolute cutest! But the question was for sexiest, and that is a very different thing.

Sexy to me implies personifying the gender's traditional attributes of masculinity (or feminimity). That's not to rank sexier as necessarily more attractive or desirable in the overall scheme; its just how I would use that adjective.

Osayo said...

Good point Syd. Someone can be sexy with or without having the attribute of cuteness. And, some people are cute, but not sexy. One quality does not imply or require the other. They are two very different but not mutually exclusive qualities.

Osayo said...

Now you got me thinking. If I had to choose on cuteness alone, I would have to go with nekos. The pointy ears and swishy tails are just too damn cute.

I still think humans are sexier though.

Esmiel said...

To me, sexiest means 'the one you would most like to have sex with' :)

Maybe I should have defined it a little better. Fear not! A 'cutest' poll will be coming soon :)

Yes, neko's are indeed the cutest from this selection, but I find them sexy as well - because I find cute and innocent beings just as sexy as dark and dangerous ones... I guess humans can be both of these, whereas the other categories tend to be more set to one or the other.. Goddammit humans are sexiest! :O