Monday 2 July 2007

Inventory

I've been cleaning and sorting my inventory recently, organising things into folders and deleting stuff I will never use. I created a 'building' folder and inside created several folders - Earth, Fire, Wind, Water, Air, Steel, People and Other.. whatever element the object relates to most goes in the corresponding folder.. so Plants go in Earth, birds go into Air, fish in Water, poses in People and furniture/objects go into Steel etc.

I also have folders for Accessories (divided into Fashion, Jewellery, Toys/Pets, Weapons and other stuff), a 'Free Shit' folder which I might as well delete, but I like having things to give to newbies.. I also have a 'Hair' folder and a 'Random' folder full of Skins/Shapes, Eyes, Animating things and Others/Demos. It was originally called Random cos the stuff was a collection of things I couldn't fit into any other folder and weren't worth creating their own for.

Inside my clothing folder I have individual folders for B@R Outfits, Jackets/Hoodies, Suits/Other Outfits, Shoes, Shirts/Vests and one for Pants. The only one with any further organisation is the Shirts/Vests, which has the items grouped by Store name.. so I have a DMC folder, Renegade, Renown (Which is easily the biggest at approx. 30 items) etc. I used to create outfits but didn't like the way it moved things about that were no copy, so I don't bother with that any more.

I cleaned out my trash after sorting my Objects, Notecards and Landmarks folders.. the total number of things in my inventory went from just under 7,000 to just over 6,000 which only tells me one thing.. I should empty my trash more often.

Well, I guess you found that very boring so I will stop now before your face hits the keyboard :)

Esmie xXx

1 comment:

Unknown said...

i gave up clearing it after some time but i think i should start again.. too much rubbish!!! ok, thanks to ur motivation entry on this.. *laughs*