Wednesday 11 July 2007

Part of the Family

The Chant Newall Development Group (CNDG) is the group I work with. We develop sims, special custom ones or highly desirable residential ones. We are not a very big team right now. Gabe and Chant are co-owners and the core team is comprised of those two, Aprikat, RJ and now myself and Nicholai. Other members of the group include Makara, Simon, Micah and various friends, including Aprikat's RL partner Katzuki.

Kitten and I were asked to become part of the core team.. that is, our work will be extended over all sims CNDG develop, not just Maupiti. So all of Nicholai's commissions will come via CNDG and I will work on rentals and things for all sims. The Maupiti sims have been renamed finally. They were once Oasis of Ninewells and West of Ninewells - Gorean sims. We got the occaisional lost Gorean wandering through, but no more! Oasis has become Society Islands (where we live) and West has become Maupiti. The parcels across the sims are currently being transformed into 4096's and will be ready for rental or purchase very soon. Me and Kitten are living on a 8192 sq m plot, which we share with Aprikat's workshop.

Because Nicholai has been very busy with commission work, our house hasn't been finished... I agree that earning the money from the commissions is more important. However now he has plans for an even grander home, curved glass roof and all sorts of stuff... and to be honest I'm not sure if he's ever going to finish it. The work from CNDG is going to be coming in thick and fast, and it rightly takes priority, and... well maybe I'm just impatient. I know that whatever Kitten builds will be beautiful and worth waiting for, so I'm gonna shut up and stop complaining.

CNDG views itself as a family, and is turning out to be an extremely welcoming and loving one, that I am proud to be a part of. Our aim is to have fun, earning money comes second. If only all business was like that I would consider getting a job in RL ;D

But its kind of a dream come true to be working with such amazing people, doing something worthwhile, earning money and having so much fun. I cant think of anything better.

Esmie xXx

No comments: