Sunday 15 July 2007

Its not an Addiction, its called Living!

SL is addictive like nothing I have ever experienced before. Seriously. It just takes me over, consumes my mind sometimes... I forget RL, leave things to the last minute, be late for them or miss them completely, all because I just "need" those few extra moments on SL. I think there are several reasons for me enjoying my SL so much.

1) The people. They love me and I love them, and leaving that kind of situation, where it is so easy to be admired and loved and cared for, is hard. I have alot more friends in SL than in RL, and I would never dream of telling the things I tell to some of my SL friends to my RL ones. I am shy and sometimes a complete prick in RL, for no reason and I find it hard to get along with people. Not so in SL.

2) I can fly. I can create anything I want with the click of a button. I can wear clothes I could never afford in RL. I can customise myself virtually without limits, cheaply and endlessly.

3) I have fuck all else to do most of the time in RL... or that I want to do. Since my bf has been away, finding things that fulfill my needs for fun and excitement has been hard and nothing has left me feeling as satisfied as some time on SL.

So I have recently been spending up to 16 hours a day on SL, breaking only to eat, sleep and go to the toilet lol.

THIS CLEARLY HAS TO CHANGE.

I admit it. Everyone tells me it. So I am going to change.

Reduce my time down to 8 hours maximum per day for a start. So I wont be on as much anymore, especially in the mornings, as I save up my time for later in the day when Nicholai and most of my friends are on. Now I have to actively find things to do in RL during my spare time. You saw how many posts I made on friday - that was because I was taking a break from SL and all I could do to appease my craving was write about it lol. Pathetic huh?

My RL bf returns from London about 6:30pm Sunday night my time... 10.30am SL time... I haven't seen him for weeks so don't expect me to be on that night. He is staying here with me a week before going back down to London to continue working, so he will help keep me occupied :)

Big party at my place on tuesday most likely. Everyone and anyone is invited, and I will be pestering you with IMs and a TP will be in my profile Picks. If you don't show up you are off my friends list forever. Only joking, but seriously... I want this to be a fucking awesome party for everyone just to go nuts and have fun, and the more people we get the better. We'll be having stripping contests, hot boys carrying trays of drinks around and dancing, merriment and general good party type stuff for everyone! Hoooo!

See you monday if I can still move ;D

Esmie xXx

2 comments:

Unknown said...

"HOT BOYS CARRYING TRAYS.." Seriously Esmie, CAN I COME? I promise I'll keep my hands to myself...

Esmiel said...

I sent you an invite but you didn't show! Maybe cos it was kinda early in the day for you lol ;D