Sunday 1 July 2007

Some Reviews

Well a couple of things happened this weekend. First of all it was the opening night of Upo's live theatre show which he spent so much time on and it was actually very funny and good. Technical problems ruined it a bit but it actually was great and they worked through most of them. I laughed out loud at some parts.. the script was great and.. erm.. Upo has a sexy voice too.. *blush* I figured he might.. The whole ACT UP team should be very very proud of their work. It was great.

Which leads me to realise I've heard the voices of 3/4 of my long term bfs in SL which I imagine is alot more than most people have. Just a little observation.

My RL father (love you dad!) is an avid reader of the Guardian newspaper here in the UK and told me about Secondfest. Intel in collaboration with the Guardian have set up a weekend long music festival. I only got round to checking out the last day (Sunday, today) and I am very impressed with it all. I'm typing this while listening to MoShang Zhao play live on the Chill island and it is brilliant. Lemme show you some snaps in case you didn't make it down there :)

You get a wristband at the turnstyles, then walk down some steps and see a map...

The little 3D map that is alot of prims and very cool :)

Naturally I went to the Main Stage first but there was nothing on. Still a big dancing crowd tho..

I then went to what I thought was the Indie tent but turned out to be the Dance. Didn't stay long enough to get a snap *lol*

It was a mix up on the website map so I went to the 'Dance' tent and found it was Indie. The Cuban Brothers were playing and they were good but I wanted to see the rest of the festival..

The Cuban Brothers in the Indie tent.

I went over to Chillout Island next and I basically stayed there because MoShang Zhao was playing live and he was totally awesome and he said hello to me so he gets a mention :)


MoShang plays his Chinese Chillout :) Its really good, check him out: http://moshang.net/


On Friday I think... or something.. Kitten and I visited the space flight museum in SL, which is great but they use mega prims or something so the place is laggy and buggy as hell. We didnt stay very long.



We also went to check out the SL Vincent Van Gough Museum, which has 3D renditions of his artworks as well as a copy of all his best known works. It is a great place, but again the lag gets to you eventually, but it is highly, highly recommended.

We are sitting inside one of Van Gough's paintings! On his bed! I suggested christening it but Kitten was having none of it.

I also have a wedding to go to later! Wow I'm so busy! Hooo!

Esmie xXx

No comments: