Wednesday 11 July 2007

Watching the Clock

Its 1.30pm here and SL is going to go offline for 6 hours at 2pm. It's a strange feeling, when you realise you started playing SL in the first place for something to do during the gaps in your RL... But now I find myself struggling to fill gaps in SL with RL things... and even then its mostly watching the clock and the Linden blog to see how much longer I have to wait before I get SL back, reading about SL, writing about SL and looking at SL pictures.

Well I am going to be doing a couple of posts today as an attempt to fill the gaping RL hole Linden have left me with. I just hope the 1.18 version isn't a huge load of crap, but I have a bad feeling about it. Things have been dreadful the past few days - lag, packet loss, bits of my AO not working, things attaching to the wrong place (my ass mostly) or not at all.

As the daily concurrency nears 50,000 users I don't see things getting much better. Not because of the users, but because Linden seem so slow in upgrading the grid to handle the growth. I am not against people joining at all - some of them may end up being life-long friends to me so I don't blame any of those guys for the problems. I hope Linden Labs dont fuck everything up with this 1.18 viewer... but we will see.

Esmie xXx

2 comments:

Unknown said...

i simply hate it when after TPing to another place, my hair gets trasferred to my butt and I'm left floating bald. So un-sexy! I wish SL can solve this with their upgrades.

Esmiel said...

I generally find shoes the most uncomfortable thing to have there ;D