Tuesday 30 October 2007

Bandant, Pwned and dirt

Honestly, when Nicholai showed me his first concept idea for his Bandant magazine, I thought "Oh how convenient. Just as dirt spreads its wings and escapes the nest (Issue #2 is out Nov. 1st) my Kitten comes up with this rival publication".

I mean, even the title is French slang for dirty or filthy... *raises eyebrow*

But when you look at it, it isn't at all, and I am very glad he came up with this idea. Its more about general gay lifestyle stuff and combines RL elements, as well as erotic stories (guess who the stars are...) and fashion. While dirt will always be my priority (they had me first), I have pledged my support to Nicho's mag and I'm really quite honoured that he has given me the chance to design the front cover. I'm now a 'consultant' for the mag (Nooo idea what that means) and I hope to have at least one or two concepts for the cover done within a couple of weeks (if my classes aren't too intense).

Linuxess is working on the mag also and I can't wait to see what she comes up with... although looking at her recent blog posts, I feel that perhaps her mind will be elsewhere.

As for dirt... Chester has been focusing his attention on building houses and concepts for CNDG's new project recently - it's a big one - and I feel like the mag has been put on the back burner for a bit, which is foolish because the deadlines are much more strict for the mag than the build. Although it is Chester's own personal choice what he does with his time, I would hate to see this brilliant creation of his (and his interest in it) fade. Somehow I struggled to produce 6 pages in a month. I think we need more staff to help with the writing and design/production aspect of dirt - I will discuss this with our Editor in Chief and see if he agrees. I'll let you know what, if anything, we change about the mag.
Our next issue is entitled 'Combat Kitties'... and today, while strolling around the Block, I saw Pwned magazine. Its also on issue 2 and I was stunned at how awesome it was. Then I looked at the team and saw how freaking huge it was and I am proud we managed to produce something almost as good (Well I think so anyways) with just the three of us. Their issue two was also a 'Neko' special edition. I hate coincidences...

Ah well. Look out for Issue #2 of dirt magazine, available November 1st from our vendors - one is outside the Thrift store on Boots' beach. Otherwise you can just ask one of us for a copy of the mag. Ideas for Issue #3 are already swirling around inside my brain, we'll see what happens with that ;D

Esmie xXx

3 comments:

Unknown said...

guess they are ready ur blog too auntie esmie.. and picking ideas out of it..
or ppl you told are telling it to ppl of rival mags..

well good luck anyway.. and im looking forward to both dirt and bandant mags.

Broder Kubrick said...

PWND Magazine Neko issue has been out for I don't know how long...
Since March 2007, I believe. But yeah , just finding out someone else did it is never fun.

Anyways , i'm really looking forward to the next issue ^^

Esmiel said...

I was reading old stuff? D: Greaaat.

*smacks head*

*creates a link to the Brogear blog*

^^