Wednesday 31 October 2007

Happy Halloween! Part 1.

Figured I'd celebrate this All-hallow-even (God, I love Wikipedia) by giving you a lil review of my three favourite spooky places in SL.

This is the first.. the other two will follow in later posts (I hope!).

1. The Sinistyle sim. Although it is basically just a huge store with fancy surroundings, this is a build of exceptionally high quality. It has everything you could want, really;

A crypt - inside you can buy coffins :D

An endless cornfield. Kinda really spooky, you dont realise how big it is until you walk into it. Its big enough so that you lose the name tags of the people you're with after a few seconds. Running around trying to find your partner is fun. There's also a secret snuggle place hidden in the barn, for those moments where you have to hide from the crazed, chainsaw wielding, flesh-eating redneck locals.

The lights on the bridge come on as you walk past them... Ooohhhhh Spooooky... how do they do that... Joking aside, it is a lovely touch and really builds some atmosphere.

This big, beautifully creepy old house is in fact now Sinistyle's main store. Inside you'll find all the dark, blood spattered clothing and razor blades, barbed wire and trenchcoats you'll ever need.

There are also pumpkins to buy and there are a few vendors out in the open area of the sim, selling all manner of creepy accessories and gadgets.

Its definitely worth a visit.. although my main complaint is that once you walk all around it there isnt much to actually *do*. Nowhere to sit or anything like that (unless you go inside the main store and thats basically camping for no pay). It is a seriously gorgeous build and my pics here only cover about half of what's there. I recommend it highly, especially for those looking for inspiration for their own place or for a creepy, gritty outfit for a party tonight.

The second place on my list will be in my next post - hopefully in a few hours after I come back from classes.

See ya then!

Esmie xXx

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Gabe took me to see the giant cornfield. It was very spooky with him flying around and glowing from his facial lighting. Yay, thanks Gabe!