Wednesday 3 October 2007

An Interesting Blog

Well I had just signed into Blogger and was wondering what to post about when I noticed the scrolling 'Blogs of note' feed. At that exact moment was one entitled 'A Soviet Poster A Day'.

I've always been interested in the media manipulation and propaganda excreted by any government, but I find Soviet and Communist ones especially fascinating. Not only is the artwork harshly striking, often beautiful in its simplicity and angular design, but I also feel they convey an important message about a period of history in a fresh and inspiring way.

It's also a pretty good resource for modern artists trying to capture a retro style in their work. I hope you find the blog and artwork as interesting as I do :)

Esmie xXx

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

For fans of The People's Art, I also recommend Maopost.

Anonymous said...

Oops, I linked it to my name above somehow.
http://db1.maopost.com/wcat=mao&wlan=en&wreq=home

Esmiel said...

Oooh nice one Syd, thanks! :D