Sunday 11 November 2007

Esmiel Investimagates.

I'm still ill, but I have given up whining and bitching about it, because I reckon you're all sick of it and it doesn't seem to be curing me *lol* so this is the last you're gonna hear about that. The blog has been pretty much all RL stuff over the last few days which is kinda silly cos this is an SL blog! Apparently! So, lets think of some SL stuff to chuck in here.

Aha! CSI:NY. The stupid T.V. show had Second Life in one of its programs and then they invaded SL with dozens of identical sims. Nicholai and I went along (he's a big fan of the show - you can probably guess that I am not) a few weeks ago and here is my 'review'.

It was a warm, sunny day when the SL police department received a tip-off. Apparently some corporations from outside of town had muscled their way into our quiet, thriving community. They were buying up vast tracts of land and, it was rumoured, the directors enjoyed killing like a sport - killing people, hunting them down and making horrid snuff movies or something.

When I first arrived at their headquarters with my partner Nicholai, we were surrounded by suits who demanded us to install things and implant a new 'client' into our heads. We retreated for a moment, and I was able to catch a glimpse of the corporation's name - CSI:NY. Clearly this was some sick operation, and we had to get deeper. So we decided to go undercover in order to infiltrate their web of lies and murder. We accepted the new client and donned our CSI:NY badges, hoping they would fool the suits. The disguise worked, and we were in.



What we didn't expect was the sheer number of people working with this organisation. It was a massive operation, and it seemed like many of the CSI followers had been hypnotised or tricked, blindly following the commands of their shadowy superiors. Once the CSI client was installed, we immediately felt the differences. I felt sluggish and incomplete, unable to sort the change in my pockets or to work my earpiece. Nicholai liked the modern, clean feel of the client, but I knew something was terribly wrong.

Once we were inside, we discovered the true nature of this corporation. Patrons and CSI followers were the same people - the customers were being used to carry out the whims of the managers and directors - and blood sport was their reward. Looking at the site map, Nicholai and I knew this thing was huge, and it needed to be blown wide open.

We came across the body of a young, winged man who had been killed for fun by the directors - target practice I imagine, like a clay pigeon - now the CSI followers were involved in some kind of puzzle or game that involved the collecting of clues and evidence. They were blind to the fact a poor man had been murdered and they were now putting their hands all over his body...

All of a sudden, the face of an ugly, bearded man flashed into my mind, telling me what a good job I was doing and that he was pleased with my progress in this 'game'. Sick fuck, he must have been the chief director, the mastermind behind this entire thing! Was he in everyone's mind? Nicholai experienced the same, so I guess he was. Mind control! This was the evidence we needed. Proof that the CSI corporation was brain-washing its customers into doing it's own dirty work, and that the directors were, literally, directing everything as if this was some kind of T.V show. But why did they have to kill inncoent people? Simple - they thought they were above the law, too powerful and too wealthy to be tracked and prosecuted. Mankind's bloodlust is inescapable, undeniable - its a part of us all and these guys had capitalized on that at the same time as fulfilling their own desires.


I ripped the new client from my head and slotted the old one neatly back into place. This CSI thing was huge, it had thousands of followers and untouchable directors - or so they thought. Now all I had to do was find the source of their mind-control abilities...

It sucked, to be honest. Its so gimmicky, and designed for newbies, so everything was laid out in ultra-simple steps that, at times, would have insulted the intelligence of a tapeworm. The client was dreadful. It didn't even look good, it was clunky and slow, poorly laid out and I never thought I'd say this, but I was desperate to get back into the old one.

Running around a place full of newbies isn't much fun either. One guy came in and asked the greeter "Where can I get a gun so I can shoot people like the guy did in the TV show?" and that just kinda set the tone for the whole thing. The CSI stuff in SL is a fad, a gimmick and I hate the stupid T.V show and everyone seems to love it. But I don't know how anyone could love the CSI stuff in SL.

Detective Esmie xXx

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yay for someone being first! Hopefully lots of people will learn from this attempt and the next one will be better! "Rainbows End" by Vernor Vinge will inpire you to feel the same.

This message brought to you by the Eternal Optimist Guild. Eternal Optimists are not responsible for any appearance or lack of appearance of the Shiny Bright Future. This optimism may not be valid in some state and is devoid where prohibited.