Thursday 8 November 2007

What the hell is wrong with me...

I still feel like crap. I can't remember the last time I was this ill for this long - and it's not even flu or a cold or anything, just a bunch of random afflictions have crept up on me one by one.

Monday night - high temperature, sore throat, exhaustion
Tuesday - feverish temperatures, aching shoulders and back
Wednesday - shoulders and back got worse, throat now fine, but had a serious headache
Thursday - Really bad throat and a dry cough, back and shoulders getting worse gradually
Friday (tomorrow) - the idea of a 7am start and then getting the train around Glasgow all night doesn't fill me with much confidence for the weekend.

Tonight I went outside for the first time since Monday night. It was so cold even though I was wearing my warmest jacket and scarf. I couldn't breathe properly after climbing the stairs back to the flat and I was shivering for ages.

Now, some people would just shrug this kinda thing off and get on with their lives. But for me it's a big deal. I haven't felt this ill since just before I went into hospital after being diagnosed with diabetes, and that was 8 years ago at least. I know I haven't missed this much school/uni time since that awful week and I am really praying I will be able to get back to uni on monday, fully cured and catch up with my work.

Maybe I should go to the doctor's, but that means a long trip on the cold, depressing bus, right back to the uni campus.

Anyways - what would I be getting up at 7am for on a friday? Computer labs at uni. If I don't get the three hours worth of work done then I'll have to spend any free time next week I have doing it. Yay :)

What could I possibly be doing getting the train to, and then around, Glasgow on friday? My bf, my roomie and me are going to go see Bill Bailey the comedian, live on his Tinselworm tour. Between us we own all of his DVDs and other shows and our expectations are high. The guys said they would push me in a wheelchair if necessary, I have got to go with them. But the plan is to go straight to the train station after my labs which leaves no time for a break or to catch my breath, and I pretty much guarantee we will end up running along a cold, dark street at some point. Not good for someone who feels as exhausted and drained as I do right now... just typing all this crap in here has tired me out, not mentally but physically. It never used to... maybe I should just go and lie in bed and not get out until monday or something. But that would be far too sensible :/


Oh yes and a big hug and congrats go to Chester & Gabe as well as Rasmus & Amadeo who got partnered recently! Yay! Go read Gabe's blog to get an insight into his thoughts and feelings on partnership and what it means to him - like all of Gabe's stuff it's beautifully written and you find yourself agreeing with every little bit of it... I wish all you guys much happiness blah blah blah - its all been said before, you dont need me to say it. Just know that I love all of you :)


*Pokes the rotting corpse of Chester's blog* You would think that at least he would post once a month. I guess he must be so caught up in the whirlwind of romance and building that he forgot all about his poor blog. Shame on you, Chesty!

Esmie xXx

1 comment:

Kaj said...

I've been feeling not so great the past month or so, it seems to come and go at really odd times. If you find the cure lemme know and I'll do the same for you. Hope you had a great time on your trip and manage to avoid being mugged and murdered. :)