Friday 31 August 2007

No posts yesterday O_______o!?

Well I have very good reasons for not making any posts yesterday.

1) In the evening I went out to see Superbad at one of the many local cinemas, at a special two weeks advanced preview! :D

Its a very, very funny film. Its hard to describe - it is alot like American Pie in some ways, but the comedy is more intelligent than standard gross-out stuff, and the characters are relatively easy to relate to in some ways. Its worth watching, definitely, and the Evan character, played by Michael Cera, is cute in a geeky way - and he gets almost naked for a while which is good :)

Fogle's fake ID is scrutinised by Seth and Evan, who don't seem impressed that his name is now 'McLovin'

Basically, these three friends are gonna be leaving school and going to college. They can't go to college as inexperienced virgins can they?! So they decide to try getting their way inside some girls' pants by bringing booze to a party in the old 'you'll scratch our backs we'll scratch yours' kinda way. It involves alot of swearing, some violence, some falling out and making up again, and it turns into the wildest night of these kid's lives. This is one of those movies where you will watch it, all the while trying to decide which one of these stupid kids you were/are most like, and which ones your friends were/are.

I loved it, I recommend it highly :)

2) In the time I actually was at the computer yesterday, I was building. Something useful and full-scale no-less! You'll have to wait and see what it is though.

3) I have been deliberating on whether to include this here, for reasons I think are obvious, but I was hired by COTA yesterday as PR/Publicity Manager. I'm not sure where to take this, but I imagine creating a new blog for COTA is the first step, I don't want it to encroach on my Esmiel blog too much, because although COTA is now a part of my life, it is such a large, ambitious project that it deserves it's own space. We are still working out the details of what to do first, but things are looking damn good right now :) I just wanna say thanks to Eddi Haskell for giving me the opportunity and the chance to be a part of this.

I am NOT going to let it take priority over CNDG, tho. They had me first, and they are my family in SL, I will never leave them. I should be able to balance the two jobs quite easily, as neither takes up much time (at the moment anyways) and I think having these two jobs is going to benefit everyone. I can build my writing and communication skills, connections amongst the arts community, and of course meet new friends which is always nice :)

So... I was busy doing all that yesterday, hence me not posting. But I think this went some way to filling that hole :)

Esmie xXx

No comments: