Tuesday 7 August 2007

The Other Beach

The Gay Voice Beach was started by a bunch of guys who left Boots beach after voice was disabled there.

The Charter for the Gay Voice group says:

"A relaxed beach environment for gay men to meet, chat or dance, using voice, text, American Sign Language, Morse Code, or ANY METHOD WE WISH."

You could shorten it to:

"A relaxed beach environment for gay men to chat using voice."

Guys, I got nothing personal against most of you - especially my friends. I hate the Voice Beach and I think you have done this for the wrong reasons. At the meeting last night it was painfully obvious all you want to do is create a Boots beach clone, but with voice enabled. You're gonna fail because that isn't a reason to do something. You valued hearing your own voice over your friends at the Mission Beach so what... you gonna be helping noobs and giving out freebies now?

Having a DJ with voice is pointless - I have to turn my music right down to hear any voices at all. So good luck to all you Voice Beach DJs. I said nothing throughout the entire meeting. I could have helped out alot, I know about setting up a group and the necessary land options required to make the place a Mission Beach clone. But I didn't help because its just not something I wanna be involved in. I know what was said by one of those guys to a friend of mine and I don't wanna associate myself with him or any of his friends. I left just after the meeting was finished, without saying goodbye. I went straight to Boots beach and removed myself permanently from the Gay Voice group. Have a good time, guys. I'll see you again when this voice craze is over.

Esmie xXx

No comments: