Monday 6 August 2007

A super addictive game within a super addictive game? O_o;

Tiny Empires. Oh My God. For those of you not in the know, its a HUD based game that is played entirely within SL. You begin as a wanderer, with no land or gold. The king gives you small gifts of gold to prevent yourself from starving. Once you've saved up enough gold, you have to wait for the offer to buy some land to come along. You gain a liege and eventually advance to peasant rank, then to squire.. then all the way up to Prince.

Buying land is the key to advancing, and the more land you own, the more money you make from it. You can buy plows and workers and things to improve productivity. The higher rank you are, the less you pay in homage to your liege. Once you gain subjects they pay their homage to you. On it goes until you have 1000's of acres of land and 10 subjects, each with possibly 10 of their own subjects, with 10 of their own... and so on, down for 9 levels I think.

The best bit about the game is that it is played with other SL players. So you can pick a liege by standing next to them and paying off your old liege to set you free. I am sworn to my friend jamie Cheeky's service and he is sworn to Celty, his partner. (They bought the full version of the HUD for me so I had to). One of my fellow subjects of jamie is my friend Sydney... and it grows and grows until you have a tiny empire of your own :)

It sounds complex but it is mostly just clicking 'Yes' or 'No' each turn, and there is a very good manual that comes with the game. The trial is free to play and works for a little while, and the full version costs 500L and I was so addicted I had to get Celty and jamie to buy it for me and I sold my life away to them in return.

tinyempires.blogspot.com is the unofficial blog for Tiny Empires

I'm always looking for my own subjects. The one I have right now is a useless, penniless wanderer who pays me no homage at all :(
I'll be good to you and give you an acre if you join me ;D

Sir Esmie xXx

No comments: