Sunday 9 September 2007

Growth, Development and Inspiration

Blogs blogs blogs blogs blogs.

Out of all the ones in the little 'network' that extends from my links section, mine is the oldest and, I reckon, most read and loved. But its not the best. Every blog I link to is awesome and inspires me, gives me ideas and creates a challenge for me to improve my own.

Alot like SL itself actually. You have an avatar - you love that lil guy, you want to make him beautiful, give him nice things, make him cool and impressive - and then there's always someone else better at that than you - and there's always someone better than them... and so on. Its not a bad thing tho. Hell no. Seeing a better-developed, more impressive av is what gives you the drive to improve your own - you can't just stick some prim hair and a skin on top of a bought shape and call it yours, you cant say it is the best, the most unique. Because it doesnt have anything personal, added by you. Giving your av personality is hard. Really hard.

I guess you have to have some base in RL to work from, and add from there. Many avs are absolutely nothing like their creators - I'm an example. That is where the creativity and personal touch comes in. Not only have you given this av a unique look and feel, you have created something, planted a seed based in some small way on yourself, and grown it like a flower, into a stunning, original and totally unique creation. Being unique is important - otherwise the av is not you, its just Dante or Justin, or whatever skin/shape you bought.

If it seems like I'm preaching a bit here, I'm trying not to. I *know* I am far from the most unique, original av out there. I'm not impressive or amazing, I don't inspire myself. I'm just Esmiel, and I love being me - I wouldn't pick another name, another shape, another skin - I am happy with myself. Happy that is, until I see a more beautiful, better formed and well realised av - and that happens every single day!

Esmie the rollerskating elf gets a whiff of Jamie's fart.

Esmie xXx

No comments: