Monday 24 September 2007

Mixed News.

I haven't been on this weekend much, but I get my IMs and Group Notices delivered to my email and I checked it last night. Two lots of bad news...

First, got a group notice from B4rry Bing, saying that his Theatre and Garden Lounge is closed, due to him not being in SL very much, because of problems outside of SL... so thats awful, cos it was a really awesome place...

Secondly, even more shocking, is a group notice from Eddi saying that COTA is closing, due to pressing personal and family issues. Artists have til the 28th of September to remove their stuff.

Thinking of all the hard work and effort the developers and owners of these institutions put into them, not to mention the expense, its such a shame to see them just vanish. Altho some bits of COTA will be moved to a smaller parcel, most of it will be taken back by the artists and placed into their own galleries, spread out over SL.

So.. its bye bye COTA blog and PR job too.

Well, I'm kinda finding it hard to be upset about losing that right now tho, because I have some good news too :)

Last week, Longue View house and gardens, on Poppy Island sim, was sold for just under the asking price of 3 million L$. As Concierge for CNDG, I get a certain share of that... and ummm.. well, lets just say its more money than I know what to do with :) So drinks are on me, guys! *lol*

Alfie helped me fix up this blog yesterday, he can do HTML stuff so he made the header and text all line up and stuff, increased font size of the titles. I think it looks a whole lot better. The header is something I whipped up in about 20 minutes, I kinda like it - gives off a cool glow. I've been *cough* busy *cough* most of the weekend, so haven't got round to much Photoshopping... although all 3 of Osayo's images are completed, I've done 2 of Micah's samples and 2 for Zach as well. Should get the rest done today hopefully.

People say I should raise the price, that even 500L per pic would still be a deal and I am tempted.. as my confidence and skills increase, I spend more and more time on each image, repeatedly improving it. So I guess I could raise the price, would help cover upload fees too, but I'm not going to do that until after I've had my first ten customers... so get your orders in soon ;D

Esmie xXx

3 comments:

Osayo said...

Sad news about both COTA and Bing's theater. B4rry and Eddi are both good people and I hope everything works out for them.

And, on a positive note, thank you again for the amazing profile pics! I love them! I have one in my SL profile now, and am working on getting one to my blogger profile.

Oh, and your blog looks great,love the new header;)

See you soon, take care:-)

Anonymous said...

There are so many Syds, you could get $500L from me even at the old rate!

Esmiel said...

Os, I can do you a copy of one of the shots at a square resolution, so that the one in your blogger profile doesn't look so squashed... free of charge of course :)

Syd... I only know two Syds, and that only works out to be $200L, unless there were other services involved... >_>